Human Resources Generalist Recruiter
SUMMARY: A Human Resources Generalist Recruiter, is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department. Their duties including working with other members of the department to oversee the hiring and onboarding process for company employees and employee relations functions.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities, or physical demands required of the Associate for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands, and work environment may change at any time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations
- Managing open positions requisitions on UKG and LinkedIn. Taking ownership of posting positions and daily review of applicants.
- Recruiting, respond to employment inquiries, conduct Pre-Interview phone calls and schedule in person interviews
- Maintain employment application records
- Perform background checks for all applicants (Criminal & Motor Vehicle)
- Ensure that onboarding is completed by all new hires
- Leads and schedules the orientation and onboarding processes for new team members and associate recognition programs.
- Student employment liaison
- Attend community events and job fairs
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; conduct of other associates; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Manages employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, dispute resolution, risk management, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manages workers’ compensation, unemployment claims, and FMLA requests.
- Monitors unemployment program costs and recommends changes.
- Protects the organization’s values by keeping and maintaining information in a confidential manner.
- May assist with application and open enrollment of all benefit plans.
- Willingness to learn various areas within HR to support all functions of the Director of HR as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, and PROFICIENCIES: A Bachelor’s degree in human resources preferred, business administration, organizational development, or a similar field. A preferred minimum of three to five (3 -5) years of experience in human resources and recruiting, preferably in a manufacturing environment. A minimum of three (3) years experience in employee relations and/or employee benefits. Credentials preferred, i.e., SHRM or CPLP and certified or high experience with Family Medical Leave (FMLA) a plus. A 1-2 years' experience with an HRIS system, and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.