Hospitality Intern - Summer 2023
Going out of your way to make guests feel welcome is just who you are. Because helping people celebrate life’s big (and little) milestones means something to you. You sound like the right kind of person to join our seasonal hospitality team during our busiest times of the year.
Pay, Work Schedule, and Other Benefits:
- $15.00 an hour
- Campus housing available.
- Complimentary meal during shift.
- 50% off green fees and cart fees for employees and accompanied guests
- 50% all apparel and 20% equipment and accessories at the Golf Shop
- 40% off a la carte, on course and pool concession F&B
- 20% off lodging at the Westfield Inn
- Onsite wellness center
- Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
About The Job:
In this highly customer-facing program, you will work hands-on in various areas within Hospitality and have the opportunity to learn and grow with our talented industry professionals. Additionally, the collaborative environment of Hospitality ensures exposure to several other hospitality functions including Event Planning and Operations, Restaurant Management, Culinary Operations, Club Management, and more.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
- Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
- Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
- May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
- Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
- Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
- Creates and delivers presentations.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield is an insurance company that cares about relationships. We know spending time together builds trust, brings joy and creates memories. It’s what gets us excited about hosting guests at our world-class country club, conference center and inn. Come make your mark with us, even if it’s for a short time.
Learn about more current hospitality opportunities at www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.