We are looking for current or graduated college students looking for Early Childhood Education experience both part time and full time. We are walking distance from Ashland University and can work with your schedule!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help assist the lead teacher in classroom lessons which include but are not limited to circle time, crafts, play, breaks and meals
- Help lead teacher establish and enforce rules of behavior for children in their classrooms.
- Provide basic needs for children. Help with potty-training and changing diapers.
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities
- Help facilitate activities to develop gross and fine-motor skills.
- Help facilitate meal and snack times, as well as nap/rest times.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
- Have direct communications with parents
- Maintain a professional relationship with all other teachers
- Be a team player
- Show initiative
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
- Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children
- Use a tablet to document child's daily activities