Are you passionate about positively impacting children's lives and making a difference in the world of early childhood education? Are you an energetic, nurturing person looking for a workplace that's supportive and fun? If so, then The Goddard School is the place for you! Our School is full of passion and enthusiasm. We are committed to providing a safe, dynamic and nurturing environment that will allow every child to develop into a joyful and confident learner prepared for success in school and in life.
We are looking for preschool teachers to join our team today. What are you waiting for?
- Competitive pay
- Two weeks of paid time off (one of them last week of December)
- Paid sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Discounted childcare
- No weekends
- Employee referral bonuses
- Ongoing training
- We will pay for CDA credentials
An Early Childhood Lead Teacher must meet the qualifications of Ohio and those set forth in the National Standards for hiring (see www.bls.gov), including the following:
- Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
- Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
- Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
- Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
- Is dependable and adaptable and enjoys working in teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding ability to listen and follow-up on issues constructively
- Develops relationships and communicates effectively with children, parents, and faculty members
- Works productively without supervision within established organizational policies and procedures
All candidates, who wish to be considered for the position of Preschool Teacher must meet one of the following criteria, in addition to all requirements that may be mandated by the state and local licensing authorities:
Education – all candidates must have ** one ** of the following:
- Associate or Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood Education, or related field
- BA in an unrelated field, with few if any ECE credits, but a minimum of one year teaching experience in a preschool setting
- Child Development Associate (CDA) active
Early Childhood Teacher Responsibilities
Our Early Childhood Toddler Lead Teacher is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of assigned class. Lead Teachers will plan, present, and evaluate educational and recreational activities for children in a safe environment and work directly with children and parents daily to provide quality customer service. Teachers work full time, year-round, with paid days off for holidays, illness, and vacation.
The Goddard School Medina OH provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.