Mechanical Engineering Summer Internship
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To drive day to day testing of new sourced components including data collection, failure analysis, photographing, and report writing of test results.
· To drive the review and standardization of production test procedures.
· To assist with minor design changes to component drawings, communicating with Production, Assembly, and Quality to address changes needed.
· To partner with the Engineering team at the Akron Brass Business Unit.
REPORTS TO (Title): Product Engineer Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist Senior Engineer with resourced component testing and data collection.
· Prepare test report compiling photos and related test data.
· Review and standardize production test report structure and language.
· Assist with new component development, inspection, testing, and prototype processing.
· Coordinate minor component drawing changes in coordination with Production, Assembly, and Quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
· Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Able to use simple hand tools to assemble / disassemble test set ups.
· Able to draft test reports for review and approval.
· Clear communicator.
· Basic drawing (CAD)/ blueprint reading.
· Basic electrical wiring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Must be currently enrolled in accredited 4 year Mechanical Engineering curriculum, through second year of course work.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.