Technician I, Sample Processing
We are seeking an experienced Research Technician Assistant for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Responsible for reagent, control and vehicle preparations, filling capsules and dispensing test articles and formulations in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations and Standard Operating Procedures with a moderate level of supervision/instruction. Responsibilities also include collection of control/excipient samples, test article samples and formulation samples, maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, assisting with or preparation of basic formulations including dietary formulations and other routine laboratory tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare vehicles, control articles and laboratory reagents
• Assist with or prepare basic test material formulations and dietary formulations for administration to test species.
• Fill capsules
• Dispense control, test articles and formulations for administration to test species
• Collection of control/excipient, test article and formulation samples
• Clean and label glassware
• Assist with the care, maintenance and use of balances and other formulations equipment.
• Be able to read protocols and extract pertinent study information including a general understanding of the protocol format and its content with supervision
• Be able to learn and work within Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulations and understand compliance through in-house training.
• Be able to read, follow and work within company SOP’s and policies.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned