Aerospace Sales Engineer
Aerospace/Defense Sales Engineer
Are you highly organized, forward thinker who has exceptional customer facing communication? Do you want a piece of the action in a highly visible position as the Company’s primary contact for new and existing Aero/Defense business in a team setting?
Clampco has a new opportunity for a talented engineer that supports existing and develops future Aerospace and Defense Market Customer accounts. This position reports directly to the Inside Sales Manager and has significant interaction with the National Sales and Marketing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Individuals can perform the following essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Execute strategy for new business sales activities with existing and targeted Aerospace and Defense related accounts in line with adherence to Clampco’s AS9100 Quality Management Requirements.
· Assess each business situation from all competitive aspects. Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Be capable in contributing to LTA negotiations from a commercial position as well as from a terms and conditions standpoint, both externally and internally.
· Utilize situational experience to understand, review, negotiate and communicate Aero/Defense customer specific Terms and Conditions provisions and clauses for bid and purchase contracts.
· Understand and be proficient in the use of Clampco CRM and Estimating software
· Prepare product cost estimates using Clampco estimating software and pricing strategies, and exercise sound business judgment to enhance margins
· Prepare and Provide customer bid package with quotation forms APQP documentation
· Responsible for all project related activities from quote stage to production launch
o Knowledge of costing, AIAG standard template APQP/Quality/Packaging forms
o Ability to manage and foresee Technical/Product Configuration issues in early quote stages of program
o Provide product technical support to our customers and ability to suggest configuration improvements to improve product function, manufacturability and/or cost
o Establish and manage customer programs to a timeline.
· Periodic travel as required to support various Sales and Marketing activities, including Trade Shows in USA and Abroad
· Exhibit keen ability to listen and communicate with the customer that adds value to the relationship and builds trust
· Determines if a high level (application critical) clamp product or not
· Proven track record of selling to Aerospace and/or Defense related Customers with account management responsibilities. Must be able to build customer relationships that will stand the test of time and yield mutually beneficial results to both parties. (This is not a customer service position)
· Bachelor’s degree in related field related; certifications ASQ, QE etc. a plus
· Minimum 5 years Sales/Program Management experience in a manufacturing environment
· Confident/Focused top performer with attitude for learning and change for continuous improvement
· Excellent listening and communication skills with ability to verbally express and sell your opinion
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
· Knowledge of various quality management systems and ability to oversee and direct
· Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
Applicants who are interested are asked to navigate to www.clampco.com to view our products, culture and apply through our Career portal. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Clampco is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Dis/Vet