SUMMARY: Install, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment, electrical, plumbing, and plant and office facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation with production employee and supervisor.
- Dismantle defective machine and equipment and install new or repaired part.
- Lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other machinery parts. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Install CNC and PLC systems and repair automated machinery and equipment.
- Layout, assemble and install new manufacturing equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Perform and keep records of preventative maintenance.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school degree or GED required. Fifteen (15) years plus experience with multi-discipline in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical power (480V), and machine control systems. Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical power systems. Advance blueprint reading, wiring schematic, and drawings for the above system. Read dial calipers, vernier calipers, tape measures, and etc. Use arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their application to solve maintenance issues. Knowledgeable in metal fabrication equipment, welders, crane, lift truck and PLC/CNC.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is regularly working on the production floor. The work environment requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Experience with multi-discipline in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical power (480V), and machine control systems.