SUMMARY: Weld and fabricates metal grating with the proper materials to the correct dimensions, tolerances, and/or other specifications as defined on the job traveler and drawings.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the layout, assembly, and welding of various grating product lines by identifying the material and spacing requirements as defined by the job traveler and drawings.
- Safe operation and usage of overhead and jib cranes to assist in the movement and placement of grating panels.
- Safe operation and usage of various power tools, to include but not limited to power saws, presses, grinders, cutting torches, band saw, cold saw, table saw, routers and welders.
- Accurately complete all paperwork and time sheets to properly manage inventory.
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Responsible for reading, understanding, and accurately executing instructions on job travelers and procedures.
- Conduct visual weld inspections to identify faulty welds.
- Keep personal and common work areas clean and organized.
- Perform other duties and cross-train as assigned by supervision.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, PROFICIENCIES: REQUIRED: This welder position requires a High School diploma or equivalent. MIG Welding, Oxy/Fuel Torch, plasma cutting torch experience with Carbon, Stainless Steel, and/or Aluminum; use and safe operation of overhead cranes and a variety of hand and power tools; AWS certifications in D1.1, D1.5, D1.6, and/or D1.2; know Welding 101, weld symbols and how to use filet weld gauges; experience with complex fit up and fixturing; the ability to read, comprehend and interpret blueprint drawings and demonstrated (project) troubleshooting experience. The candidate must also be able to read and understand both metric and standard tape measures; perform mathematical operations with whole numbers and fractions with both standard and metric units of measure; demonstrate an aptitude for attention to detail; work effectively with other team members and possess written and verbal communication skills.
PREFERRED: 2 or more years’ experience with a Steel, Stainless Steel or Aluminum Manufacturer; Fabrication training and/or experience, Stick welding experience and forklift and 2+ years’ experience using electric pallet jacks is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is encountered with repetitive movement tasks, which requires the employee to stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, push and pull grating material of various size and weights for long periods of time. Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds, using proper lifting techniques, help from another employee or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is regularly working on the production floor. The work environment requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.