Architectural Project Manager
SUMMARY: Prepare and check detailed drawings from a contract and/or general design drawings based on preliminary concepts, perform engineering calculations, prepare specification sheets of structures according to design specifications and the quantity of material required. Create bills of material in order to provide technical support to sales and operational staff. Provide oversight on active projects for Company staff and customers. Maintain communications and serve as the main point of contact for these active projects, track them through completion and ensure overall profitability of projects. Offer value-engineered options to customers to increase the profitability of projects.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and processes, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to ensure company drawings adhere to project specific requirements.
- Determine dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Effectively communicate this information to detailers.
- Develop bills of material, material take-offs, tolerance and dimensioning of products, welding and manufacturing symbols, and other requirements to produce the product.
- Develop and maintain determined schedule per the purchase order amount and project requirements.
- Determine strategic alternatives in conjunction with sales and production to maximize and increase the profit margin.
- Plan and implement all project activities including, but not limited to project design, detailing, engineering review, production, outside services, finish and shipping per the terms of the executed purchase order.
- Review and recommend approval of contracts, change orders and cost estimates to the account manager, which would include involvement and knowledge of pricing.
- Adhere to department policies and procedures for detailing, estimating and engineering drawings.
- Direct, review and approve product design changes.
- Recommend product changes which would improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new, existing, and emerging products.
- Review full project scope and coordinate/troubleshoot all aspects of the project with production, sales, detailing, outside vendors, customer, and logistics to ensure timely completion of work.
- Oversee all packaging and shipping requirements, including, but not limited to truckload planning and coordination of crate design, to ensure safe delivery of material to the job site.
- Coordinate delivery with sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCIES: A two-year degree in relevant drafting/design course of study is required. The candidate must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), AutoCAD 2012, and experience with database applications such as MRP/ERP systems. The ideal candidate will be strategic in orientation, proactive, persistent, and able to handle multiple projects and/or customers simultaneously, be able to work within a fast-paced environment. A strong desire to learn new products and a positive attitude towards change is also required. A Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant course of study with several years of experience in fabrication and design is preferred. Previous project management experience is helpful and would be preferred.