Drafter - Designer
SUMMARY: The Drafter/Designer role’s primary responsibility is to support the engineering and operations team through high-quality, high-efficiency engineering and manufacturing drawing capability. Specifically, projects may include manufacturing drawings for internally designed/built capital equipment, tool and die component drawings for manufacturing equipment, product drawings for new and current product lines, and factory layout drawings.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to design and create CAD drawings in a 3D format using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Create technical drawings in SolidWorks® of different components for shop fabrication.
- Complete part detail and assembly prints per engineering standards and best practices.
- Analyze internal needs with engineering team to create designs and modify existing designs.
- Learn company processes and components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Must possess the ability to think creatively to develop functional designs, based on our equipment and processes that satisfy project requirements.
- Knowledge of lean designing techniques and good design practice.
- Complete understanding of isometric and schematic drawings.
- Ability to provide detailed design layout for fabrication details.
- Must have a general understanding of electrical power and control wiring.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Promote and actively embrace the concept of a collaborative work environment
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PROFICIENCIES: An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, excellent organization skills and be detail oriented. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; with the ability to work independently or on a team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Primarily in an office environment but includes activities in the manufacturing facilities.
EEO STATEMENT: Ohio Gratings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state, or federal laws.