Drafter - Student
SUMMARY: The Drafter/Designer role’s primary responsibility is to support the engineering and operations team through high-quality, high-efficiency engineering and manufacturing drawing capability. Specifically, projects may include manufacturing drawings for internally designed/built capital equipment, tool and die component drawings for manufacturing equipment, product drawings for new and current product lines, and factory layout drawings.
This job description does not describe all activities, duties, responsibilities or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job. Likewise, the work environment described is merely representative. Duties, responsibilities, activities, physical demands and work environment may change at any time, with or without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to design and create CAD drawings in a 3D format using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Create technical drawings in SolidWorks® of different components for shop fabrication.
- Complete part detail and assembly prints per engineering standards and best practices.
- Analyze internal needs with engineering team to create designs and modify existing designs.
- Learn company processes and components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Must possess the ability to think creatively to develop functional designs, based on our equipment and processes that satisfy project requirements.
- Knowledge of lean designing techniques and good design practice.
- Complete understanding of isometric and schematic drawings.
- Ability to provide detailed design layout for fabrication details.
- Must have a general understanding of electrical power and control wiring.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Promote and actively embrace the concept of a collaborative work environment
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PROFICIENCIES: A current technical school student and must be proficient in Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, excellent organization skills and be detail oriented. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; with the ability to work independently or on a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)