Industrial Robotic Technician 1
About the job:
Salary – based on experience ($30,000 – $36,000). Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401(k).
An Industrial Robotic Technician 1 is an entry-level position. You will assist our production team with cleaning, maintenance and repair of industrial robots and robot parts. You will work with skilled and experienced service technicians that will train and direct you in your daily duties. We expect you to start immediately and learn as you go. A successful candidate in this role will:
- Assist production team with robot maintenance duties:
- Cleaning, lubricating, and calibrating robotic equipment
- Grease robots
- Detaching and attaching wires between controllers
- Moving robotic equipment around facility
- Preparing robotic equipment for outgoing shipments and unpacking new/arriving shipments of robotic equipment.
- Maintain work area and all equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Assist robot maintenance/service technicians as needed.
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Opportunities are available to learn new skills and grow into the Industrial Robot Technician 2 position.
- Willing to get your hands dirty
- Follow appropriate safety procedures, use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and ensure a safe work environment by eliminating potential equipment safety hazards
- Successfully pass drug screening
- Successfully pass background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work day shifts, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Strong hands-on mechanical experience
- Experience in basic preventive/predictive maintenance
- Troubleshooting skills. Problem solver.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills - develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of safe use of power tools
- Experience with Mechanical and/or Electrical basic components
- Experience in basic repair methods
- Experience with automated robotic systems and controls is a plus
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Regular standing, sitting, bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lifting and moving equipment. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Moving about within and around the site with great frequency
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Operating machinery, bench power tools, forklifts, motor vehicles, and/or heavy equipment, including operation of Powered Industrial Trucks with pedals, tillers, and switches
- Use of manual tools, such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
Environmental conditions may include dust, poor ventilation, fumes/odors, outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, noisy environments, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces.
The Robot Company is located at 300 Ryan Road in Seville, Ohio, just 40 miles south of Cleveland and 25 miles west of Akron. This job opening is Full-Time M-F 8AM-4PM and all work is onsite only. No remote work available. We are already in the process of conducting Zoom interviews for this job. If interested, please email resume to Frank Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call or contact any other name/number.