Applications Engineer (Electrical - Hybrid Eligible)
We have an opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our Commercial & Infrastructure Flow team in Ashland, OH. This facility manufactures sustainable water disposal pumps for infrastructure use in residential neighborhoods, commercial buildings, and industrial or municipal use. You will work primarily with our distributor partners, answering technical questions, making product specification recommendations, processing quoting or order requests, and/or resolving customer technical issues.
** This is a great opportunity to join a growing company that values and promotes career development! Once fully onboarded, you can work a hybrid work schedule (2 days/week on-site in Ashland, OH). **
- Provide technical information, calculations and cost estimates relating to bids on new equipment, specifically as it relates to electrical components and auxiliary equipment.
- Provide technical information in response to field inquiries, including troubleshooting system functions and component operation, as well as investigating and resolving reported field problems after shipment.
- Propose and coordinate design changes to resolve repeated problems with various controls design vendors.
- Design and engineer custom quotations to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Assist in determining special requirements and recommend conceptual design for special orders to meet customer requirements.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S) in Electrical Engineering. Other engineering degrees will be considered with equivalent electrical engineering experience.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and understand component level operations/function.
- Experience in product development, design, application engineering, and/or technical support in a durable goods manufacturing company is a plus.
- Experience with automation components (e.g., drives, motors, etc.) in electro-mechanical systems or experience working with electrical control design and/or VFD application & testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of fluid handling products or rotating equipment a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally with individuals both within and outside the organization.
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future of our planet. We put our purpose into practice, inspiring people to move, improve and enjoy life’s essential resources for happier, healthier lives. From our residential and business water solutions to our sustainable innovations and applications, our 11,250 global employees serve customers in more than 150 countries, working to help improve lives and the environment around the world.
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory