Fresh Mark, based in Massillon, Ohio, is looking for Packaging Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, testing, and implementing packaging designs required for the needs of the organization’s products.
Owned and made in the USA for 100 years, Fresh Mark’s Sugardale brand takes a personal approach to making great tasting high quality meats. For a century, we’ve been dedicated to making the best products, the best way. Made with top quality ingredients and workmanship, Sugardale supplies bacon, ham, hot dogs, sliced lunch meats, pepperoni and salami and other specialty meat items with annual sales of more than $1 billion.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials, and processes and provide creative timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements and types of materials required for packaging.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation and storage.
- Ensures all permits, licenses and contractor training requirements are in place and current.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or packaging engineering
- Experience in industrial or consumer packaging
- Project Management Skills
- Must have good communication skills, orally and in writing
Fresh Mark offers a full array of benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance with low premium and deductible costs, vision care, life insurance, retirement savings plan with company match, and educational assistance.
If you’re interested in applying for this position please send your resume to Careers@Freshmark.com
Fresh Mark welcomes all interested people to apply for job opportunities in our company. We pride ourselves in being a diverse company and we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any legally protected status.