Reproduction & Breeding Intern- West Ohio
Position Location: West Ohio
Genus (Parent company to ABS Global, PIC and R&D/IntelliGen) is a global FTSE 250 company, headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange. With revenues of around £500 million, Genus has a presence in over 70 countries, with a global workforce of approximately 3,200 employees. One of the best performing stocks on the London Stock Exchange, the Company’s market capitalization is around £2 billion. We are a worldwide leader in porcine and bovine animal genetics, partnering with farmers to transform how we nourish the world – a mission that is important to a sustainable future.
Each generation of animals is selected based on a number of desired traits, including greater health, fertility, productivity or feed efficiency. With superior animal genetics, Genus helps its customers in the dairy, beef and porcine supply chains around the world produce offspring with improved robustness, superior production efficiency and greater sustainability. Genus’s vision of “pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world” is supported by its core values to be customer-centric, results-driven, pioneering, people-focused and responsible.
For more information on our student program, please visit- www.startingatgenus.com
The Reproductive & Breeding Intern will work closely with the ABS Global local Reproductive Team Leaders, Sales Managers and/or the Technician Service team in providing support to resolve product/service technical issues and to maximize the benefits derived from the organization's products and/or services.
· Gain an understanding of ABS proven technical solutions through hands-on involvement and training with clients, staff, and local ABS management.
· Understand the general farm operation and handling cattle including reproductive skills and safety procedures.
· Learn to measure and report progress and results of technical service initiatives.
· Acquire knowledge in seeking new ways to deliver value to customers in co-operation with the technical service team and new business development.
· Exposure to real industry seminars, producer meetings and in-house meetings and publications.
· Develop proficient skills in PCDart, DC305, and/or BoviSynch software.
· Opportunity to assist a GMS evaluator coding cows.
· Opportunity to assist a Repro Tech with customers, develop on-farm procedures to help facilitate implementation of RMS in each customer's operation, cooperate with other farm advisors (Vet, Nutritionist, etc.) to integrate RMS into total farm management plan.
· Opportunity to assist Sales Reps on their route with deliveries, service, sales call and with ABS udder care products.
· Represent ABS Global in a manner consistent with company values.
· Ensure ABS Global is a healthy and safe environment to work by observing both the company safety rules and the policies/guideline.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Pursuing an Agribusiness, Animal Science, Dairy or Veterinary degree or related field is preferred but not required
· Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required
· Willingness to travel
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to learn quickly and accept challenges
· Positive attitude
· Valid driver’s license
· Able to work at least 12 weeks as a Reproduction Technician Intern (we help with relocation if needed & provide a company truck).
Capabilities and behaviors:
· Live and display the Genus values at all times in their day-to-day activities.
· Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
· Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
· Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
· Actively participate in company training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the team.
Gain an understanding of the company’s business and the team’s role within the