Transportation Engineering Co-op (Summer 2023, Canton)
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
Words like – motivated, enthusiastic, collaborative, independent, willingness to learn and take initiative – describe our ideal student candidate.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with, learn from and be motivated by industry professionals
- Play an integral role in projects
- You will be treated like any other member of your team; not “just a student”
- You will be given as much responsibility as you show us you can handle
- Direct industry exposure in your field of study
- Access to our student community – Campus Connext
- Potential part time employment during the school year and full time permanent opportunities upon graduation
Where will you be working?
IBI Group’s Canton, Ohio office is searching for a Transportation Engineering student to join its growing team for a co-op or internship opportunity. The student will work directly with Project Managers on various tasks for both public and private sector clients, on transportation and municipal type projects throughout Ohio.
• Assist with the preparation of design plans and construction documents
• Assist with and complete design calculations
• Report writing
• Other responsibilities as required
• Undergraduate student pursuing a B.S. in Civil Engineering
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Highly organized
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. Candidates will also need to confirm they are fully vaccinated in accordance with IBI Group’s mandatory vaccination policy in Canada.