Intern - Financial Services Ohio
About Our Opportunity
Farm Credit Mid-America offers paid internship opportunities for college students. Our interns are given valuable opportunities to apply academia knowledge and skills toward real life business solutions. Farm Credit Mid-America is growth-oriented and dedicated to providing college students valuable learning opportunities within our Association. Our Interns in Financial Services will partner with other team members to help market, sell, and analyze financial products for our rural customers. This is an exciting opportunity to network and connect with cross functional team members, leadership and our customers.
Locations may vary based on business need and availability.
How You Will Spend Your Time
- Project leader experience over an assigned project in our Agricultural Lending, Rural 1st Lending, or Crop Insurance teams.
- Complete an Intern Development Guide to document your experience and gain FCMA business and industry knowledge.
- Attend sales meetings and partnering with other team members to complete project and assist with job responsibilities.
- Design and deliver project presentation Farm Credit leadership team.
Minimum Education & Experience
College students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field.
Mental & Physical Requirements
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
- Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.