Manufacturing Engineering Tech
MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST I
The Willburt Company Orrville Ohio
[100% employee-owned company]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serve as liaison between Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planning, and CNC Machine Operators.
- Assist CNC Machine Operators in areas of set-up and troubleshooting in daily operation to meet weekly machining Production Plan
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in monitoring and updating process routings
- Recommends and implements improvements to current manufacturing processes and tooling
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, or efficiency of automation equipment.
- Makes recommendations for improving the machining operation, design changes, tooling changes and manufacturing process for cost efficiency
REQUIRED COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Minimum Associate degree in Manufacturing Technology or minimum 5 years’ experience with Machining and/or CNC Machining. B.S. Manufacturing Technology preferred.
- Must be able to read Blueprints, and interpret and understand GD&T tolerancing
- Understanding of G&M-Code, machine and program coordinate systems, work and tool offsets
- Must be self-directed and motivated individual who is willing to accept responsibility
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others and work efficiently
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- 3D CAD/CAM experience a plus
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. However, the individual will be required to oversee projects and tasks that required the direction of others within the organization as well as outside resources.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Two- or four-year degree is desired, but not required. Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
It Is the Policy of The Will-Burt Company to base all employment decisions on principles of equal opportunity and take affirmative action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans and military status.