Intern, Corporate Communications- Summer 2023
INTERN, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS - SUMMER 2023
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern-housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially supported for the length of your internship.
As an intern in our Communications organization, your responsibilities may include copy writing and editing, communications planning and execution, social media content development, media relations, multi-media content creation, and assistance with event planning and project management. Work will span internal and external communications disciplines.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Junior or Senior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Public Relations, Communications, or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded set of skills including strong written and verbal communications, time management, creative thinking/problem solving, and an understanding of various communications mediums
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®