JOB TITLE: Inventory Assistant
EMPLOYER: Miller Weldmaster
REPORTS TO: Inventory Team Leader
EFFECTIVE DATE: 9/14/2022
SUMMARY: The primary duty of any inventory assistant is to help manage the inventory. This position will directly assist the Inventory Team Leader. This means processing inventory orders, logging items that have been received and items that have been taken from inventory, and physically moving product within the inventory room to the production floor & customer and vice versa. This position is required to print and review the manufacturing master schedule. Inventory cycle counting and year end physical inventory count are primary responsibilities for the Inventory Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ The inventory assistant will physically unload and load inventory trucks and place items within their proper place in the inventory room or warehouse.
§ This position requires data entry skills, Microsoft Excel, professional communication with internal and external customers.
§ Working with the Inventory Team Leader to ensure necessary inventory is available and posted to correct jobs.
§ This position will back up the Inventory Team Leader when out of the office.
§ Accurately provide properly kitted materials to employees in order to produce quality machinery efficiently, while meeting the customer and company expectations.
§ Counts, sorts and checks in incoming articles; verifies against job orders, shipping notices or invoices; places articles on production floor shelves or in the inventory storage room.
§ Assist in maintaining a 95% or better on time delivery to the customer through kitting and cycle counting efforts.
§ Address any inaccurate inventory received, obsolete inventory, defective materials, warranty return items, or quality issues to the Inventory Team Leader. Corrective actions will be taken.
§ Checking accuracy of material lists while kitting of machinery. Corrections needed are addressed by making the necessary changes on the material list /job traveler and addressing to the Inventory Team Leader. The necessary corrections are made to the B.O.M. material list after reviewing prints provided from Engineering. This process allows for an accurate material cost of the equipment and increases our inventory accuracy.
§ Ensure proper crating materials are available and stored properly. Equipment is to be crated and secured properly to eliminate the possibility of becoming damaged during shipping to the customer’s facility.
§ Assist with daily opening and closing of the inventory area. The parts window is to be open during production working hours in order to assist employees promptly.
§ Pulling the complete inventory list for machine and sub-assembly kits
§ Replenishes merchandise on shelves from storeroom stock; rotates merchandise and keeps it orderly and neat in appearance.
§ Customer service with internal and external customers. Delivery of parts to external customers.
§ Assisting the Inventory team with cycle counting
§ Checks inventory periodically to determine reordering needs and verify with records; standard stock items, supplies or materials within established limits; notifies Inventory Team Leader of fast-moving items.
§ Packs and ships packages according to instructions using boxes, packing materials, and sealing tape.
§ Records or documents changes in inventory to established procedures.
§ Assists customers or others in locating needed inventory or supplies.
§ Trains and assists as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
§ Knowledge of cataloging and inventory techniques.
§ Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices.
§ Skill in basic arithmetic.
§ The ability to read and understand a work order.
§ The ability to utilize a handheld scanner to recognize bar codes.
· One to two years related experience or equivalent.
· Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Familiarity with international shipping and customs.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
· Proficient on Microsoft Office and computer skills
· Proficient with UPS shipping software
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to operate a tow motor.
· Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Cost Consciousness--Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 100 pounds or more than 100 pounds
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually work in high, precarious places
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used Forklift
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.