Community Relations Specialist
Position: Community Relations Specialist
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Part time (24 hrs/wk)
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Medina County Health Department, a nationally accredited health department, has a part time opening for a Community Relations Specialist (CRS). The CRS coordinates community outreach and events. Plans agency events. Plan, coordinate and conduct speaking engagement in the community and at the agency. Write and proof articles and press releases for local median and newsletters. Acts as the agency Public Information Officer (PIO). Maintains relationships with local media and community; assists with mass email communication system. Participates in local coalitions, representing the agency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in Communications, Health Educator or Public Relations. 2 years of experience in communications, public relations, or community health education required.
Essential Functions of the Position include but are not limited to:
- Gather, synthesize, and translate complex health information and data into clear and culturally appropriate messages that target audiences can access, understand, and act on
- Assist with implementing a departmental brand strategy and plan that supports the health departments’ services to external and internal audiences in ways that are unique and differentiated from other organizations
- Coordination of articles and press releases
- Conceive and produce strategic and compelling written and visual communication products, including press releases, talking points, articles, presentations, flyers, brochures, and other collateral materials
- Develop and foster media relations, monitor media, and coordinate response to media inquiries
- Coordinate calendar of events, maintain incentives, and attend community events and health fairs
- Collaborate with department leadership to develop messaging and achieve marketing goals
Interested applicants will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org. Print out the application, complete it and send it along with a current resume with cover letter no later than 4:30 PM September 26, 2022 to: Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or e-mail to email@example.com. EOE