Deduction Resolution Specialist, Customer Financial Services
DEDUCTION RESOLUTION SPECIALIST, CUSTOMER FINANCIAL SERVICES
ORRVILLE, OH (hybrid work arrangements available)
Why Smucker is the Place for You
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
Inspired by our unique culture, we are determined to support every employee holistically by meeting their physical, emotional and financial needs through:
- Our Total Reward benefits program – includes competitive health and financial benefits that reflect your needs at different life stages, and a continued commitment to empower flexible work schedules and remote work opportunities to help you thrive.
- Continuous opportunities to learn, grow and develop – beyond functional job-based education, we promote well-rounded development and encourage a spirit of continuous learning as part of our commitment to help you realize your professional goals.
- Our continued progress on the journey to become the inclusive and diverse organization we expect to be supporting equity across our communities. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
In this role you will identify and resolve all types of deductions, including credits, in a timely and efficient manner with a clear understanding of impact to Sales, the balance sheet, and the P&L, while identifying trends to drive future improvement. This individual should have strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong collaboration with cross-functional partners to minimize deduction issues and improve invoice accuracy.
- Self-motivated to research, analyze, and resolve deductions on customer payments while adhering to established processes to ensure coding, reporting, and financial impact accuracy.
- Accountable for driving results with brokers, sales, and sales support on pre-determined deduction metrics, timely follow up with customers on invalid deductions, and takes the lead on driving collaboration of key accounting and finance decisions.
- Provide insight to Supply Chain partners to support cost savings and avoidance opportunities, along with support of scorecard adherence.
- Responsible for idea generation, maintenance and utilization of department tools and dashboards to identify customer payment trends and opportunities through data analysis.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners to drive customer behavior improvements.
- Manage a combination of daily responsibilities and special projects to support current business activities and needs.
Is this the Role for You?
Are you a driven professional with a passion for delivering results while expanding your skillset and enhancing your expertise? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of professional we want to add to our Company!
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Business, Finance, or Supply Chain degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of related business experience (relevant internships considered)
- Experience in the CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry is a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Intermediate Excel skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Table, Formulas)
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills needed in managing complex business situations and achieving objectives.
- Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to display indirect leadership across other functional areas to accomplish company goals.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Career interest in the Supply Chain and/or Finance field preferred.
- Data visualization tool experience a plus (i.e. Spotfire, Tableau)
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®