Intern, Marketing Consumer Engagement- Summer 2023
INTERN, MARKETING CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT - SUMMER 2023
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
As an intern within our Marketing department, you will evaluate data and business trend and communicate insights to the core business team. You will execute on specifically requested analyses via syndicated data (IRI & Internal Sales systems) and provide the “story,” not just the data, to managers and supervisors. You will also complete an in-depth study of an industry topic, and present out to the broader organization, leaning on strong data points to deliver a recommendation/path forward.
- Consumer/Shopper Insights: Represent the voice of the consumer by understanding consumer interactions & perceptions of our brands and products. Closely collaborate with cross-functional teams and bring together key consumer learnings to make strategic recommendations on our businesses. Leverage analytical tools and vendor partners to dive deep into both quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Integrated Consumer Experience: Partner with our internal center of excellence and brand teams as well as external agency partners to deliver consumer engagement programs utilizing data, content, technology, creative and media strategies. Work to provide input into critical campaign briefs, integrated experience mapping and related tactical plans/deployment.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Sophomore or Junior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Marketing or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including strong time-management, communication, teamwork skills, as well as a proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®