Intern, Corporate Engineering- Spring and/or Summer 2023
INTERN, CORPORATE ENGINEERING
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
As an intern within our Corporate Engineering organization, you may assist in one of the following areas: Process Engineering or Engineering Design & Rapid Prototyping.
As an intern with our Process Engineering team, you will work on research projects that involve designing and executing experiments in the laboratory and pilot plant, develop and conduct tests to evaluate potential processing changes or prove new process technology for new products and equipment.
As an intern with our Engineering Design & Rapid Prototyping team, you will work on component and equipment design, as well as manufacturing for all levels of product development. Your tasks will consist of CAD modeling, 3D printing, machining, wiring, programming, and working with internal and external partners.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including strong time-management, the ability to work flexible/varied hours (some overtime may be needed), comfort in working in a laboratory, pilot plant, and plant environments and the ability to commit to multiple rotations at a variety of locations (including plants) throughout your academic career
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®