Wood Shop Craftsman
POSITION: WOOD SHOP CRAFTSMAN
The Schantz Organ Company, founded in 1873 by A.J. Tschantz, (later changed to Schantz) is the largest and oldest American pipe organ builder still under management of the founding family. Old world craftsmanship combines with modern techniques under one roof to produce instruments that, like our shop, are one of a kind. Building instruments of the utmost quality requires a highly trained, talented, and dedicated staff. Over the decades, craft skills have been passed from generation to generation of artisans who make up the team at The Schantz Organ Company.
We are looking for a Wood Shop Craftsman to join our team. Our Wood Shop is responsible for manufacturing of custom pipe organ consoles and casework. Applicants must have prior experience operating industrial saws, jointers, planers, sanders, and similar equipment. Applicants must be able to travel and assist with on-site installation/restoration work. Schantz Organ Company serves customers across the United States and these road trips (anywhere from 5-8 installations per year) can range from two days to up to two weeks.
Ideal candidates would have experience with:
-Assembling & Climbing scaffolding
-Reading Engineering Drawings
1. Willingness and ability to travel for installations and maintenance on various instruments.
2. Positive attitude and willingness to work as a team.
3. Ability to analyze and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or problems.
4. Be familiar with production equipment and machinery, as well as safety guidelines.
5. Have good communication, organizational and time management skills.
6. Perform other duties as directed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit their resume to Schantz Organ Company, PO Box 156, Orrville, OH 44667.