ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions.
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills
- Writes job descriptions or reviews and edits job descriptions written by others.
- Develops and maintains network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Initiates contact with possibly qualified candidates for specific job openings.
- Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews with others in organization.
- Writes and places job advertising in various media.
- Works with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Utilizes Internet online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates.
- Develops and coordinates internal job posting program and writes job postings.
- Coordinates participation in, sets up display, and works at job fairs.
- Responsible for onboarding of all new employees and temporary employees.
- Creates and sends offer letters to potential new hires.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment regarding various issues in the department.
- Plans and coordinates annual employee service recognition luncheon.
- Manages annual employee dependent scholarship program.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Compiles data and prepares reports as needed.
- Receives and maintains office supplies.
- Develops and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Main point of contact with applicants.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.