Kitchen Hood Install Technician
Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for a Kitchen Hood Installation Technician in the Akron, OH area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you’ll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
· Inspect and service restaurant systems
· Install engineered systems to specification
· Service and maintain existing systems
· Clean restaurant hoods using accepted practices
· Respond to trouble calls
· Sell and promote Koorsen products and services
· Maintain established client accounts
· Complete and process required paperwork in a timely fashion
· Represent Koorsen in a professional positive manner
· Ensure high level of customer service, satisfaction and communication
· Ensure continued communication and cooperation with Koorsen staff
· Follow Safety rules and good driving habits
· Follow Koorsen policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Customer oriented interpersonal skills
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and schematics
· Technical and/or Mechanical knowledge and abilities
· Must be willing to attend training sessions
· Must have or be able to obtain any required Certification.
Essential Functions and General Requirements:
· Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend acceptable business English.
· Must be willing to work a varying schedule including early morning and late evening hours to accommodate customer needs.
· Must have regular and punctual attendance.
· Must have basic mathematical skills.
· Must have and maintain a Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
· Must be able to access all areas of route vehicle, including loading & unloading materials.
· LIFTING REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 75-lbs.
· Repetitive Lifting and Carrying minimum of 30 lbs or more, 8 or more times per day, 5 consecutive days per week. These carrying minimums include carrying loads up and down flights of stairs, carrying loads long distances from or to truck.
· Repetitive Lifting weights or 30 lbs or more from floor to various holding bracket/holder heights, (can be as high as a 6 ft lift).
· Must be able to climb ladders to heights reaching a minimum of 12 feet
· May be required to work on building roofs. Must not be height sensitive.
· Must be able to access and tolerate small crawl spaces
· Must be able to recognize and identify colors
· Must be able to recognize safety alarm sounds and sights
· This position may require the handling of chemicals that may be skin and/or respiratory irritants. May also be exposed to ventilation areas which may be respiratory irritant. Must not be skin and respiratory sensitive to these materials and environments. MSDS are available.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.