Intern, Marketing Strategy- Summer 2023
INTERN, MARKETING - STRATEGY - SUMMER 2023
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
As an intern within our Marketing department, you will evaluate data and business trends to identify insights. You will execute on specifically requested analyses via syndicated data (IRI & Internal Sales systems) to provide the “story,” not just the numbers. As well as, work on projects that will get you thinking creatively about the growth and trajectory of JMS’ brands. Throughout the summer, you will complete an in-depth study of an industry topic, and present out to the broader organization, leaning on strong data points to deliver a recommendation/path forward.
Within our marketing department there are many different functions that provide unique value to the business:
- Brand Marketing: Working directly on JMS brands to execute on projects and develop the long-term trajectory of the brand. Balancing the analytical analysis of the business with creative growth strategies leveraging all different marketing tactics (Innovation, Pricing, Promotion, New Creative, etc.)
- Category Strategy: Leveraging data to be a strong partner to both the brand and customer teams, as you create actionable insights to deliver category growth. A focus on data and creative solutions to ensure that the categories JMS plays in drive success. Capitalizing on trends & ensuring JMS and the market is well positioned.
- Innovation: Leaning in on consumer trends to create the next new item in our portfolio that will drive growth for both JMS and the categories we play in. Starting from a concept and working with multiple teams to bring the item to life, all while keeping the consumer at the core of the proposition & brand’s long term strategy top of mind.
- Commercialization: The execution of our brands with customers and at shelf to ensure strategy is being upheld. Working to deliver on customer expectations, while balancing JMS’ plans. Utilizing data and story telling to build trust and drive growth.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Sophomore or Junior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Marketing or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including strong time-management, communication, teamwork skills, as well as a proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®