Intern, Information Services- Spring or Summer 2023
INTERN, INFORMATION SERVICES - SPRING OR SUMMER 2023
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
As an Information Services Intern, individuals will have an exciting opportunity to apply, gain, and grow through hands on experience in any one of our four primary areas: business area vertical (analyst or developer), infrastructure and support services, project management organization or governance (architecture, risk management, and standards).
Dependent on the role you fill, you will have the opportunity to assist in the collaboration with various structured business units, work with the Support Services staff in procuring, receiving, storing, installing, testing, and shipping peripheral computer equipment, software, and supplies, or partner with project teams to develop and deliver business capabilities, manage risk and provide guidelines on appropriate usage of IS tools and technologies.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and overall professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Information Services/Data Science or related field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including knowledge of common software packages, organization skills, and general nature of being detail-oriented
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®