Navarre, OH, US
5 days ago
Requisition ID: 1048
Applyto Mechanical Drafter
SUMMARY: Mechanical drafters make detailed drawings, specify design dimensions and construct models of mechanical devices and parts. They work with engineers and the production team preparing detailed engineering drawings and advising on manufacturing methods and materials. They will develop enhancements to existing products that meet the customer’s specifications. Responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop detailed engineering drawings for mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Work with sales, customer service, and manufacturing on new and existing product applications.
- Provide details on component manufacturer/vendor part numbers and descriptions.
- Resolve design problems.
- Research and specify materials and coatings to be used on products.
- Draft technical details.
- Specify dimensions, materials, assembly instructions, and procedures.
- Draw in minute details of structures.
- Design the parts of a machine.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while creating detailed engineering drawings.
- Use Inventor and Vault software to prepare drawings.
- Prepare variations of design.
- Explain concepts to customers and internal teammates.
- Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
- Draft routine concept drawings, panel layouts, floor layouts, and shipping layouts.
- Calculate basic engineering aspects on routine drafting problems like stress, sizing and flexibility.
- Determine material and equipment selection and create estimates and specifications.
- Draft routine reports and correspondence.
- Apply basic algebra and geometry concepts.
- Revise prints and generate Engineering Change Notices.
- Develop 2D drawings from 3D models utilizing Miller Weldmaster’s Engineering Standards.
- Responsible for technical quality of drawings, revisions, part lists, BOMs, and other documentation created while in this position
- Manage drawing system integrity in product data management system (Vault).
- Complete drawing projects by documenting and organizing complete detailed print books in PDF format.
- Support Engineering Team.
- Manage drawing files and suggest engineering standards updates.
- Check detailed engineering drawings and ensure accuracy and completeness with the design engineer.
· One to two years related experience or equivalent.
· 3 years’ experience with Inventor, Solid works, or similar 3D CAD software.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
· Proficient on Microsoft Office
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Cost Consciousness--Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability--Follows instructions responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time