Responsible for assist in the data collection, analysis and implementation of lean transformations initiatives at the Plant level by utilizing the company's WIN Strategy, Parker Lean System tools and philosophy to eliminate waste in all office, factory and support functions.
Scope/ Supervision and Interaction:
___ Has Direct Reports _X_ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Position reports to the Division Lean Manager. May also have reporting accountability to the Site Plant Manager.
- Following the Site Transformation plans and under the direction of the Division Lean Manager, executes and completes transformation’s plan tasks.
-Assists in data collection, analysis and implementation of transformation improvements individually or as part of project and/or Kaizen teams.
-Technologies and methodologies used and to be learned include Value Steam Mapping, Cellular Manufacturing, Kanban Pull Systems, Quick Changeover, design for lean, one-piece flow, inventory reduction, site tracking centers etc.
-Makes implementation and results a top priority and regularly updates the Plant’s Lean implementation plan.
- Junior or Senior Level status currently obtaining an Industrial Engineering degree or similar
- Ability to perform complex analysis
- Advance Microsoft Excel user (Queries, Pivot tables, formulations, etc)
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment collecting data, performing time studies, training
- Ability to work 20-40 Hours per week
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills to effectively share the success and ideas of the Division.
The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required for all positions, and certain positions may require specific types of legal work authorizations.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.