Youth Development Professional
Apply by emailing email@example.com
This position requires a highly motivated individual to work directly with school aged youth (elementary and teens) in our afterschool program!
The Orrville Area Boys and Girls Club is a youth development organization that actively seeks to enrich the lives of its Club members by ensuring access to quality programs, a safe environment and positive experiences.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS MISSION STATEMENT To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
Under the supervision of the Club Director and/or Program Leader a YDP is responsible for assisting in the implementation and supervision of programs and activities in structured program spaces.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Prepare Youth for Success
- Promote program participation.
- Implement consistency and a structured environment during program, homework, and free time.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to youth.
- Provide a safe environment through clear rules and expectations.
-Follow the program schedule, being consistent with what is offered to the members as well as consequences due to poor choices
Program Development and Implementation
- Work under the lead of group to perform tasks as assigned.
- Ensure safety of members, quality programs and clean appearance of the Club at all times.
Supervision & Safety
-Ensure accurate account of all youth checked into the Orrville Area Boys and Girls Club.
- Ensure all members are being supervised during their time at the club
- Ensure all members feel safe and are welcomed in their environment
- Inspect program area daily for any safety precautions prior to youth entering the area.
- Monitor youth while in unstructured program areas.
- Provide a clean and sanitized area for all youth.
- May organize and/or participate in special events.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing rooms.
- May be required to supervise during off-site field trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position may involve lifting, bending, standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching, and grasping. Must be able to demonstrate and/or describe activities to youth. This position works around youth and adults with a moderate exposure to noise. This position will work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must pass National Criminal Background Check.
- Must pass a general drug screening.
- Experience in working with youth, experience with groups of youth preferred.
-Knowledge of youth development.
-Ability to motivate youth, manage behavior problems, and keep youth engaged in activities.
-Ability to be consistent and encourage honesty, responsibility, fairness, sportsmanship and respect for all involved.
-Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
-Ability to be flexible and adapt in a work environment that changes often.
-CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred, required within six months of hired date.
POSITION STATUS: Part Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
HOURS: Average 15-25 depending on the need/season