Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. Our goal is to provide the highest quality dermatology and dermatologic surgery care to patients in Northeast Ohio promptly and compassionately. Our core values are a strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience, prompt access to care, including same-day appointments, and service and education to the community. Apex’s Medical Receptionist provides patients with an exceptional customer service experience in person and over the phone! This position is a full-time, hourly position located at one of our eleven locations across Northeast Ohio. Visit https://www.apexskin.com/employment-opportunities/ to apply.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Suite
- Strong basic math skills
- Two years of customer service experience or medical receptionist experience
- Strong typing and computer skills
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records systems preferred
- One year of medical insurance and coding or record-keeping preferred
- Required Tuberculosis Test and Flu Vaccination.
- Performs clerical tasks such as checking patients in, scheduling appointments in person, email, or by telephone.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal or financial information and collecting patient charges.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and protects patient rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Keeps medical office supplies stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders, and monitoring office equipment.
- Enters patient insurance information accurately and verifies insurance coverage.
- Maintains an efficient schedule/scrubbing the schedule/works the waitlist/follow-up list and follows up with no shows or cancels.
- Provides an end-of-day balance and end-of-day close of collected funds.
- Inputs data into EMR, ECW, excel, spreadsheets, and tracking logs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Frequently sitting, and walking.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, and type.
- Required to lift moderate weights (20-50 pounds)
- Required vision abilities include distance vision, ability to adjust and focus.
- Frequent speaking and hearing.
What we offer
- Paid Training
- Monday through Friday Schedule (half Saturday once a month at some locations)
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays and major holidays off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability, and a 401K
- Discounts on Apex dermatology services and products
- Travel, sporting events, concerts, movies, other leisure discounts, and more!
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.