If you have a passion for helping others and want to help to transform lives through healthy skin, consider pursuing a career as a Medical Assistant. Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center is a rapidly growing, skincare facility that empowers employees to deliver exceptional patient experiences. Our core values are a strong commitment to delivering an exceptional patient experience, prompt access to care, including same-day appointments, and service and education to the community. Apex Medical Assistants are responsible for administrative as well as clinical tasks while providing exceptional customer service to our patients! Ideal candidates have excellent multi-tasking abilities, analytical skills, and ability to work as a team member, and are well-organized with strong attention to detail. This is a full-time hourly position located at one of our eleven locations throughout Northeast Ohio. Visit https://www.apexskin.com/employment-opportunities/ to apply.
- One year of Medical Assisting experience preferred
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records software
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Medical Assisting Certificate or Diploma preferred
- Required Tuberculosis testing and Flu vaccination documentation.
- Performs clerical tasks such as checking patients in, and scheduling appointments in person, by email, or by telephone.
- Prepares exam rooms according to scheduled procedures, escorts patient to the exam room, obtains a short history and medication list then takes vitals.
- Transcribes the entire visit and assures documentation of patient care is compliant.
- Assist physician with surgical procedures then educate the patient after the physician establishes a treatment plan to ensure proper use of medications and their responsibility for compliance with the treatment.
- Cleans and disinfects the exam room after patient visits.
- Performs clerical tasks such as scheduling appointments and follow-up appointments, maintaining and following up with patient biopsy results, answering phones, and scanning documents into the medical records system.
- Monitor and complete lab documents, biopsy and culture book, telephone encounters, and team task box within the EMR.
- Assists with autoclave procedures and quality controls.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Frequently standing, sitting, and walking.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, and type.
- Required to lift moderate weights (20-50 pounds)
- Required vision abilities include distance vision, ability to adjust and focus.
- Frequent speaking and hearing.
What we offer
- Paid Training
- Monday through Friday Schedule (half Saturday once a month at some locations)
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays and major holidays off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability, and a 401K
- Discounts on Apex dermatology services and products
- Travel, sporting events, concerts, movies, other leisure discounts, and more!
Apex Dermatology & Skin Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training