Human Resources Intern
The Human Resources Intern at Carlisle Brake and Friction will have the opportunity to act as a brand ambassador for the organization. You will obtain knowledge of and provide assistance to day-to-day recruiting, onboarding and HR generalist functions. You will also have the ability to create and own creative projects centered around emphasizing the internal and external customer experience. You will gain knowledge of HRIS systems, policies and procedures as well as partner cross functionally with other internal departments. This internship will provide exposure to a manufacturing plant while also supporting our Research and Development facility.
- Learn the different focuses of Human Resources in both office and manufacturing environments
- Learn the new hire orientation process and create improvements
- Retention-focused projects (create touch base schedules/surveys/etc.)
- Assist with recruiting efforts (work with agencies, review applicants, schedule interviews, etc.)
- Special Projects – opportunity to develop and complete value-added projects
- Administrative duties including employee file maintenance and record retention
- Assist with day-to-day HR generalist tasks
- Student of Junior or Senior standing, working towards a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to thrive and be part of a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point) required.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and time management experience.
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and accuracy.
- Willing to be located onsite at Carlisle Brake and Friction in Medina, Ohio