Hybrid Work Arrangements Available
Manager, Credit & Collections
This position partners with external customers and internal cross functional teams across various channels to maximize cash flow for $7.5B in annual revenue with a focus on relationship building with internal and external customers. This role will demonstrate effective Accounts Receivable management by analyzing payment history, credit metrics and other financial information to manage cash flow and reduce risk in support of the company’s free cash flow targets. The Collections Coordinator will research and resolve past due invoices and drive efficiencies in the order-to-cash process. This individual should have an interest in Finance and Supply chain with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills while being able to effectively communicate with individuals both within and outside the organization.
- Research past due invoices for assigned markets, and contact customers to formulate joint action plans for payment resolution. Work cross-functionally with Customer Logistics, EDI, Warehousing, Transportation and Accounts Receivable to determine root cause of payment delay. Facilitate the resolution of issues causing customer payment delays to ensure future invoices are paid on time. Serve as a single point of contact for all questions related to customer invoices, payments, and billing, including customer statement requests. Build strong working relationships with customer’s Accounts Payable and Finance leaders to build trust and facilitate frequent communication of payment issues.
- Monitor and analyze customer payment history trends monthly to proactively identify collection and terms compliance issues, and work to drive resolution, include escalating to Sales and Customer Logistics and third-party brokers. Monitor key Accounts Receivable metrics for assigned markets, and identify the root cause of payment delays to drive corrective action. Accountable for past due payment balances, days to pay and other key financial metric performance against predetermined goals. Where necessary, lead initiatives with customers to improve payment performance and meet key Company cash flow targets.
- Proactively identify and drive customer EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), ACH (Automated Clearing House), EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer), and implementing auto email invoicing in assigned markets.
- Process credit applications. Provide payment history data and financial analysis to assist the Credit and Collections Manager and other team members in making credit decisions.
- Manage a combination of daily responsibilities and special projects to support current business activities and needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A Business, Finance, or Supply Chain degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of related business experience is preferred
- Experience in the CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry is a plus.
- Previous collections experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills needed in managing complex business situations and achieving objectives.
- Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in time sensitive situations based on customer needs.
- Ability to display indirect leadership across other functional areas to accomplish customer goals.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Career interest in the Supply Chain field preferred.