1. Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment in the best interests of residents. Ensures resident rights are maintained at all times.
2. Monitors residents within state licensure regulations; supervises and directs nursing assistants where allowed by state licensure regulations.
3. Assists in writing care plans based on resident needs and change of condition.
4. Obtains and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Documents and reviews medication and treatment sheets for accuracy and compliance with physician orders, professional standards, federal and state regulations and company policy.
5. Monitors responses to care treatment plans. Possesses knowledge of medication interactions and notifies Nursing Supervisor or designee of any issues. Adheres to company systems, processes and procedures.
6. Counts controlled substances with off going nurse or designee; secures and corrects reconciliation of controlled substances during shift.
7. Ensures cleanliness and organization of medicine supply room and security of discontinued medicine in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy.
8. Assists with discharge process relevant to medication and treatment orders.
9. Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations, infection control standards, and emergency procedures.
10. Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
11. Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care, care plans and observation of resident overall condition.
12. Attends training to maintain skill level and remain current in emerging healthcare trends.