Associate- Government Services
Rea & Associates, a Top 100 Accounting Firm is focused on the well-being of our staff and their professional development. Our culture respects a work – life balance for our team. We also provide a competitive compensation and robust benefit plan. We are currently seeking a staff Accountant to work in our Gahanna, Medina, Millersburg, or New Philadelphia, Ohio office location. This is an outstanding opportunity to help us continue with our strategic initiatives. This position works closely with and will be supervised by our Government Team leaders.
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Obtain a general understanding of governmental accounting and auditing standards.
- Prepare workpapers in clear, concise manner while adhering to deadlines and time budgets.
- Conduct industry specific research as needed and communicate results to supervisors.
- Interact with all client personnel and co-workers in an intelligent and professional manner.
- Progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam. Possess skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree. CPA exam eligible is preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects, while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines. Knowledge of general accounting concepts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Able to independently identify issues relating to accounting and auditing matters.
- Strong attention to detail and reviews own work to ensure it is complete and correct.