Outside Sales - Insurance Producer
O'Neill Insurance is seeking a motivated, goal-oriented sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a hunter mentality to join our growing team. The sales producer position is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling business insurance. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the quarterly planning process for this position.
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets
- Generate leads and pipeline opportunities through outbound prospecting via cold calling, drop-ins, email, LinkedIn, and networking.
- Responds to referrals quickly and effectively
- Prequalifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Creates and maintains client or prospect list
- Designs insurance programs and recommends coverage to clients
- Surveys loss exposure, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients
- Creates insurance proposals; makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business
- Develops, follows, and completes sales objectives
Retention and Continuous Marketing:
- Develops a book of business that is profitable for both the agency and the carriers
- Works with clients to ensure limit and coverage adequacy
- Provides needed information and clarifications about clients to company personnel, and documents in our Agency Management System.
- Takes advantage of cross-sell or up-sell opportunities that are in the best interest of the client
- Reviews existing policy coverages, at least annually, to ensure accounts are up-to-date and determine whether or not they need remarketed
- Assists service staff to collect client information in preparation of schedules of insurance, summaries, and renewal proposals
- Retains assigned percentage of accounts at each renewal
- Continues to develop relationships with insured
- Accepts and handles any duties/prospects as assigned by agency management
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Participate in sales meetings
- Identifies training needs with assistance from managers. Develops a personal improvement plan, and takes responsibility for learning and improving technical and sales skills regularly.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc.