Maintenance Instrument Technician
Immediately Hiring! Starting Rate $29.62! $1000 Sign On Bonus! $1000 Retention Bonus!
As an Instrument Technician, you will be a critical part of the production team, ensuring that all equipment and machinery are performing at top notch! Your work will directly affect people's lives!
The successful candidate must be able to work safely using good judgement in all work situations, effectively resolve and troubleshoot problems, and demonstrate willingness and ability to adjust to change. Starting Rate: $29.62/Hour! $1000 Sign On Bonus! $1000 Retention Bonus!
- Inspect, test, adjust, and repair electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record, monitor, and control operations in the facility
- Program parameters and perform initial setup for instruments/transmitters used in measuring flow, pressure, temperature levels as required
- Calibrate instruments used in measuring flow, pressure, temperature, level using industry standard calibration equipment
- Adjust limits on control valves to indicate proper positioning, adjust setting on valve controllers as required to verify operation of analog valves
- Calibrate analytical devices used in monitoring operations, such as LEL Detectors, Gas Monitoring and detection, pH, Conductivity
- Program single loop controllers
- Have an understanding of PLC and/or DCS I/O systems
- Troubleshoot issues with 24 VDC Loop Powered devices, verify input signals form discrete devices, verify analog signal operation and 4-20mA Signals
- Read and understand documentation, manuals, and drawings
- Prior Instrument Technician experience or a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Certificate of completion for a related technical program, or an associates degree in a related field. A journeyman's certificate from an electrical program, coupled with an aptitude for instrumentation and electronics, may be considered.
- Candidates with an electrician, electrical, and/or electronics background, or similar military training and experience, maybe considered
- PLC and HMI experience is a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf