Job Summary: EA is seeking a qualified Bridge/Structural Design Engineer to supplement our existing staff. This candidate will be responsible for leading the development of bridge and structural design plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of projects to meet the requirements of our clients.
These projects may include performing engineering/design calculations from project inception to completion, developing structural plans, using structural design software, performing bridge load ratings, bridge inspections, proposal preparation, cost estimates, interfacing with clients to determine specific structural requirements and occasional inspection of client facilities. You will be challenged and grow with a broad variety of projects and clients. Projects include ODOT bridges, water and wastewater treatment building and concrete tank design, and structural evaluations of manufacturing facilities/projects.
You will supervise the preparation of project plans by CAD operators and prepare CAD plans. You will collaborate with other project designers to cohesively coordinate structural project details with other aspects of the project.
Project management responsibilities include supervision of CAD staff, managing project scope, budget, and schedule, preparation of fee proposals, attend project meetings, interact with clients, and develop all structural requirements for our clients.
This position is mainly an office position with occasional travel.
• Ohio Professional Engineers License.
• ODOT Level II Bridge Design Prequalification.
• Experience with ODOT Bridge Design Manual and AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification.
• Minimum of 7 years of bridge/structural design experience.
• Computer Skills: MicroStation and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, bridge design software
• Experience using structural design analysis software: AASHTOWare BrR, Merlin DASH, LEAP.
• ODOT Level I Bridge Inspection.
• Experience analyzing and designing concrete tankage.
• Experience analyzing and designing single-story buildings.
• Experience with Ohio Building Code.