College Intern/Co-Op - Human Resources
Job Title: College Intern/Co-Op – Human Resources
The College Intern/Co-op – Human Resources student will perform duties primarily within Training and Development of the Human Resources Department. Additional opportunities will be provided to work with team members to gain experience in generalist duties, recruiting, compensation, and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in creating and updating employee records, create creating training course records, track team member training and evaluations in quality and personnel systems
· Collaborate interdepartmentally to identify training needs and provide solution options
· Assist in creating soft-skill training programs
· Coordinate new hire orientation schedules and deliver training to newly hired team members
· Create and distribute job aides for training and reference
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Proficiency and/or willingness to learn Microsoft Products, Adobe, Canva, and other software programs as necessary
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
· Ability to perform a wide variety of physical tasks
· Proficiency in Microsoft Products
· High School Diploma
· Current Junior or Senior in accredited college program
Who you will work with:
· All employees, departmental leaders, human resources department, external community contacts.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required to wear while on the shop floor.
· Office regularly
· Shop floor occasionally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; operate standard office equipment (including but not limited to computer, telephone, copier); reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Hours will vary based on student and business needs
Why work for ArtiFlex Manufacturing?
As a student intern/co-op you will have the opportunity participate and lead project assignments, collaborate with employees company-wide, and take part in professional development opportunities.
Our paid student intern/co-op positions will work either part-time or full-time based on student and business needs. Benefits as a paid student intern co-op:
· Paid co-op experience
· Flexible schedule options
· 3 vacations days per semester
· Free Fitness Zone membership
· Students may qualify for housing assistance
Innovation isn’t just what we do. It’s who we are. ArtiFlex Manufacturing designs and builds products and solutions for companies with tough challenges by employing people with a willingness and ability to be “Innovative. Problem Solving. Partners.”
To do this, we support and embody a vision of safely growing our people and unleashing their full potential because we see greatness in everyone we hire. Better products and services for our customers result from the dedicated development of our employees. That’s our culture.
Imagine your possibilities with ArtiFlex and apply to one of our current openings or submit your resume or application for consideration to future openings.
Our Core Behaviors
Servant leadership is the heart of how we maintain a fun and friendly work culture. Core behaviors are the foundation of how we come together to work as a larger team.
· Forward Thinking
· Commitment to Growth of People
· Acting With Integrity