Field Survey Crew Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Excellent opportunity at a growing engineering & surveying company for a Survey Crew Chief or Technician. Opportunities for near term career advancement. An ability to follow safety guidelines and demonstrate a sense of urgency related to project deadlines is essential to this role.
We provide residential and commercial surveying services including topographic surveys, boundary surveys, ALTA surveys and construction surveying. The candidate must be able to do outdoor work in all weather conditions, with exposure to vehicle traffic, densely wooded areas, wildlife, varied terrain, and active construction operations. Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs, use hand tools, measuring devices and other equipment in support of the survey process.
Annual Bonus, 401k (matching), Medical, Dental, Vision
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Driver’s License
Candidate must pass a drug screen prior to employment
Attention to details, a proficiency in math and technical aptitude
Two+ years of experience (ranging from entry-level Rodman to an experienced Party Chief in boundary surveying, construction stakeout and topographic surveying.
Bachelors or Associates degree (or working towards a degree) in Surveying, Civil Engineering, or a related field a plus
Established in 1968, Cunningham and Associates, Inc., is a multidisciplinary engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Medina, Ohio. We offer a broad scope of experience to both the public and private sector and have been serving the needs of our municipal, real estate development and construction industry clients for more than Fifty years.
- Must possess understanding of the fundamentals of land surveying including: basic measurement, math and trigonometry, plat and deed interpretation, construction plan, field notes and sketch comprehension
- Collect field data using Data Collector with Total Station (Robotic) and/or GPS equipment, photo documentation, setting stakes, obtaining invert and subsurface utility information
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully represent the company in a professional way and with integrity
- Review equipment inventory prior to each shift and ensure all items are returned to assigned locations at end of shift
- Maintain company field vehicle including: keeping vehicle properly stocked, clean and organized, report any vehicle issues to Management Team
- Assist with office filing, data download, and electronic file management as needed
- Conduct boundary and utility research both online and at municipal offices
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D a strong plus
· Opportunity to work with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office and related software to prepare construction staking calculations, engineering plans and details, Right-of-Way plans, easement exhibits, subdivision plats, property boundary surveys, metes and bounds descriptions, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys as well as other pertinent residential, commercial and municipal survey and engineering documents
Competitive Salary and Benefits including: Medical, Life and Disability Insurance; HSA option; 401k Plan; bonus pay.
We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being.