Location: Medina, Ohio
Fechko Excavating is a full-service professional survey, commercial excavating & paving company which specializes in performing site work and underground utilities for municipalities, commercial developments, educational and healthcare facilities and residential subdivisions.
Perform field surveys and construction layout to support the company's ongoing construction operations. Utilize surveying instruments such as total stations, builder’s levels, robotics, and GPS (global positioning systems) to measure distances accurately and provide accurate layout for the construction of private and public improvement projects. Perform layout work, check as-built conditions, and take topographic surveys and reference points on site. Maintain detailed daily records to prepare plots, maps, and reports. Work with Professional Surveyor, Project Managers & Field Superintendents as to methods to be employed on the project and appropriate job schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying technology, or a related field is required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of surveying, trigonometry, mapmaking, and the methods, principles, and practice of surveying
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Construction Layout and Surveying Heavy Highway, Subdivision, & Utility Projects.
- Boundary Surveying.
- GPS Surveying.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications
- General office knowledge and computer skills with the ability to work both unattended and as part of a team.
- GPS assisted Heavy Equipment setup and file creation.
- AutoCAD drawing experience topographical surveys and earthwork calculations.