BWXT is currently seeking a Contract and Proposal Specialist for its Barberton, OH location!
- Responsible for all aspects of proposal preparation (from inquiry receipt until successful conclusion of negotiations) and submission for potential projects to ensure that bids are responsive, competitive, and complete.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Terms and Conditions and various Federal Regulations (FAR, DFAR, ACR).
- Interact and coordinate with customers and internal functions: Engineering, Purchasing, Estimating, Project Management, Legal, etc. during bidding and contracting phases (lead BWXT negotiating team for new contracts).
- Negotiate all aspects of contracts.
- Review all purchase orders and purchase order agreements.
- Maintain positive customer relations and marketing efforts directed toward maximizing quotation opportunities.
- Review and interpret customer’s bid specification. Alert internal personnel to potential concerns.
- Identify and evaluate associated risks with proposed projects and address these factors with management.
- Learn all aspects of quote process. Ensure complete and timely submission of responsive bids.
- Lead BWXT team during Contract Closeout activities.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or Business Management/Administration.
- No prior work experience required.
- Two (2) years of related/comparable work experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong time management, organization, and computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on multiple tasks with superior attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to learn and retain knowledge of Government contract law, good business practices, accounting, scheduling, contracting techniques (negotiation and analytical skills) and technical competence.
- Must have the ability to analyze estimates of costs for prospective work and determine the mark up and price strategy necessary to achieve and sustain profit goals; ability to learn all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of the company’s product, including similar operations, and business practices is beneficial.
- Prior experience with Estimating (ProPricer) software is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.