Commodity Buyer - E-mobility
1) Goal of position (What is the primary function of the position?)
In addition to the function of the Buyer role, the goal of this position is to be responsible for developing and implementing activities that support and are in alignment with Divisional and Corporate strategic Purchasing initiatives. Also, to provide leadership and direction to the Schaeffler North America organization through sharing of commodity and expertise and to implement active and vibrant commodity management leadership within Schaeffler Group, NA. This position will serve as the “One Schaeffler Voice” for their respective commodity.
2) Formal prerequisites for the position (e.g. training, experience, education etc.)
- BA – BS degree.
- Strong Purchasing experience.
- Strong negotiation, Project Management and Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management both domestic and abroad.
- Excellent PC skills with a focus on Microsoft Office suites.
- MRP experience preferred
3) Tasks (Description of main tasks)
- Develop commodity strategies pursuant to identifying and implementing productivity initiatives and supplier rationalization opportunities for assigned commodities per Global Lead Buyer direction.
- Key participant in ensuring that preferred suppliers are involved with New Product Development.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager and Purchasing Director in strategic planning and project management.
- Carry out strategic negotiations as lead contact while actively collaborating with the affected local plants for defined regional suppliers.
- Analyze supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added/removed from the approved supplier list as well as nominate suppliers for the Strategic Supplier List.
- Perform market research and monitor changes/trends for purposes of benchmarking and cost controlling.
- Track costs and status of negotiations, while and maintaining agreements with suppliers.
- Serve as key interface for communication and dispute resolutions between suppliers and plants as directed and/or necessary.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Understand and comply with all group directives.
- Participates in Regional and Global Sourcing Board activities and presentations.
- Assures agreement and leads budget process for the commodity.
- Support travel in region with regional and global colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of tasks, competencies, prerequisites, or goals. Other tasks or goals may be assigned – either on a temporary or permanent basis – as deemed necessary by company officials. Position descriptions, or the employee’s job, may be modified or changed by the company at any time. This position description should not be considered to be a contract of employment.