Accounting Associate - Winter Internship 2023
Are you looking for an internship that will give you real-world experience that will serve as the foundation for your accounting career? Join our team at Rea & Associates where each day brings new opportunities in different disciplines and industries to help you choose where you want to focus. Gain experience in bookkeeping, business returns, 1040 tax returns, assurance, as well as meet with our clients and participate in community service events. Discover the difference of interning at Rea. Gain industry knowledge, receive mentoring and advanced training, create a network of valuable professional contacts, and create a competitive advantage over other candidates to land a full-time position with flexibility to pursue your graduate degree or CPA.
Our Winter Internship Program is an outstanding hands on opportunity that will provide experience with a Top 100 public accounting firm. Each intern will work closely with members of the assigned office and will have an intern buddy and coach that will provide guidance and support. You will be introduced to all facets of a public accounting firm including assurance, audit, tax and our specialty segments. Show your value and gain exposure to a diverse client base by partnering with our team of talented staff accountants.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial data for businesses in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and not for profit
- Assisting and learning to audit the financial data of our clients to determine the reasonableness and accuracy of the information
- Performing substantive testing in the areas of cash, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and inventory
- Analytical review of reports and confidential client information
- Preparing federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals and corporations and assisting with tax planning and projections
- Researching tax and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assisting with miscellaneous tax, assurance, bookkeeping, or consulting projects
- Current student majoring in Accounting
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects, while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment
- 40 hour work week during the internship; overtime opportunities are available based on business and office needs
Rea and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.